Sunday, May 29, 2016

Row by Row - June 21 can't come soon enough!

I'm very excited about the Row by Row Experience that is scheduled to begin on June 21. Quilt shops who choose to participate sign up to design a row that fits the theme that is chosen for the year. This year's theme is Home Sweet Home and there are some adorable designs already posted. You visit each participating quilt shop and they will provide their row pattern to you for free. You can only receive the pattern by visiting the shop - no email, no internet. (I saw on a YouTube interview that the woman who started the Row by Row idea decided it should run from the first day of summer to Labor Day.)

It's an awesome way to encourage quilters to visit their local shops. We don't want quilt shops to die out and this is an excellent way to show our support. Even if we don't intend to purchase anything, I don't think I've ever been to a quilt shop and walked out empty handed. There is always that one piece of fabric that calls my name and won't let me leave it behind.

All the details for the Row by Row event are on Facebook. This is the link for the North Carolina shops: North Carolina Row by Row Experience.

You can find all the information about Row by Row at their official website: Row by Row Experience. It lists the participating stores by state so you can print off the stores in your home state. I already have a printed list of North Carolina's participating stores so I'm ready to hit the road! I even talked my sister to come from Maryland to go with me! I'm hoping she'll visit as many Maryland stores as she can manage so I can admire those as well.

This is the post from Ye Olde Forest Quilt Shop, the LQS I frequent the most often:


Isn't it fabulous???

So excited to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment