Thursday, May 5, 2016

Jenny from the Missouri Star Quilt Company!

The other day, I was looking for quilt videos. Although I've been sewing for a really long time, I am a sporadic quilter. Mostly I'm a quilt starter, not a quilt finisher.

Be that as it may, I wanted to brush up on my quilting skills so did what any quilter of the modern era would do - went to YouTube. There I discovered the wonders of Jenny from the Missouri Star Quilt Company.

I am now a disciple of Jenny and her videos! One of the reasons I have been a lifelong sporadic quilter is that the demand for precision has scared me into inaction. Jenny likes precision but as she puts it, if it doesn't come out quite right, nobody dies and you can make do.

Jenny is upbeat, funny, sensible, and inspires me to make ALL the quilts. I watch her videos for quilts I never intend to make.

One of the things I most appreciate is that she can make even the most complicated patterns simple. And she makes me believe I can make those same patterns. When I watch her videos, I have the same feelings of security and tranquility I used to find with Bob Ross's painting videos and his happy little trees. Jenny makes adorable quilts and loves sharing them with her audience.

After watching this video, I decided to make my own pennant quilt. As soon as I have it finished, I'll post the end results. (It is a really fun quilt to make!)



Go enjoy Jenny and her videos which will inspire you to want to make ALL the quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment