Saturday, May 14, 2016

Bicycle Wall Hanging

A little red bicycle with a basket of flowers and books - few things say summer to me more than this image! To celebrate the coming of summer, I designed and created this bicycle wall hanging. It incorporates my love of appliqué, bicycles, books, flowers, and polka dots. I wanted this to be as happy a wall hanging as I could manage, and I think I succeeded.

What do you think?





Although not clear in this photo, the tires and seat are black polka dots, like the border. I am a lover of all things polka dot. Few designs are as cheerful to me as dots of all colors.


This is a completely original design. I used Adobe Illustrator to trace several different kinds of bicycles until I got it looking like an old-timey two wheeler. For the flowers and books in the basket, I fussy cut from appropriate fabrics that spoke to me. (You can't really see the books in the basket but they are there.)

 If you would like to make your own wall hanging, here is a copy of the bicycle. Please don't claim this design as yours - a link back would be nice but not required. Anything you choose to do with this design is up to you, as long as you don't say you designed it yourself. Thanks!


Bicycle for applique (c) Crafts of Note


Quilting pattern for wall hanging border (c) Crafts of Note 2016




No comments:

Post a Comment